Nothing can be more comfortable on a cold day than a men's turtleneck sweater. With the wide range of styles and colors available, there is sure to be something to match your taste.
About Wearing Turtlenecks
Many men prefer to wear a turtleneck sweater on a cool winter's day to keep warm and cozy while looking their best. There are many ways to wear a turtleneck and they can be easily incorporated into an existing wardrobe. Turtleneck sweaters can be worn alone or layered with other items. For example, instead of a dress shirt under your sport coat, try a cashmere turtleneck sweater. Turtlenecks look great with jeans or khaki pants. They can be worn under leather jackets or worn under a ski coat. There are endless combinations for a turtleneck.
You may even want to try a turtleneck in a bright color to add a pop of color to your winter wardrobe. Look for turtlenecks in simple styles that can be worn from season to season. A turtleneck may be a simple sweater, but if you pair it with the right items, it can look sleek and classy.
Some looks to consider include:
- A fine gauge turtleneck in a slim style in a dark shade such as black or gray can be worn with a dressy pair of pants and look great for a night at the bar or a club.
- Wear a heavy knit under your ski coat for a day on the slopes.
- A soft knit can be worn under a tailored jacket with a pair of dress pants for a professional look.
- Pair a ribbed knit turtleneck with jeans and loafers for a dinner date. Take along a suede jacket to wear if the restaurant is cold.
As you can tell, the combinations are up to you. Wear your sweater to match you personal style. Sometimes just a change in color can liven up your outfit. Turtlenecks come in a wide range of colors from your basic black to the brightest yellow. Choose a fun color that is in for the season to add a fresh element to your existing wardrobe.
Mens Turtleneck Sweater Styles
There are various styles of turtleneck sweaters. Depending on the season and how you plan on wearing your turtleneck can determine what style is best for you. Some variations for turtlenecks are the materials used, the style of the neckline and the color.
Common materials used for turtlenecks include:
Styles can be:
- Mock neck
- Cuff down neck
- Zippered neck
Turtleneck sweaters can be found in the fall or winter at men's stores or department stores. They are available year round on various clothing websites as well as at the following retailers:
Land's End has several turtleneck sweater styles available. They include:
- Men's Regular Cashmere Mock Turtleneck Sweater is made from 100% two-ply cashmere and finished with rib-knit cuffs and bottom. It comes in colors such as Pewter Heather, Camel Heather or Navy. It is the perfect sweater to use as a layering piece since the knit is not bulky. This sweater is dry-clean only.
- Men's Regular Winterlock Mock Turtleneck is done in a midweight 100% ringspun combed cotton. The mock style neck will keep you warm and the soft interlock knit is perfect for any season. Choose from colors such as Red Grape, Dark Moss Heather, Light Gray Heather, Light Navy, Pewter Heather or True Navy.
- Men's Regular Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater not only will feel great against your skin but will have you looking like a million bucks. It is done in luxurious cashmere and comes in either True Navy or Camel Heather. This is one sweater you will keep reaching for in your closet.
Jos. A. Bank
Jos. A. Bank has a wide selection of sweaters including turtlenecks. They comes in various styles and colors. Two to consider are:
- Signature Pima Cotton Turtleneck Sweater done in 100% pima cotton. It is silky soft and pill resistance. This sweater can be machine washed. It comes in the following colors: Black, Brown, Navy, Olive, Red and Winter White.
- Traveler Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater is exclusive to Jos. A. Bank. It is both wrinkle and stain resistant making it perfect to take on a trip. This sweater is made from cashmere and looks and feels luxurious. It is dry clean only and comes in the following colors: Berry, Brown, Charcoal, Light Gray Heather, Medium Blue, Navy, Orange, Red, Taupe Heather and Yellow.
A men's turtleneck sweater is a must for any man's wardrobe. It can be worn in various combinations and may just be one of the most versatile staples in your closet. To make a fresh update to your wardrobe, choose a turtleneck in the season's popular shade. Written by Cheryl Cirelli