Can clothes attract women to men? Sure! But why? How can you dress to impress the women you want to date? Catching her eye isn't just about the clothing you wear but there are some things you can do to help your chances.
So, Can Clothes Attract Women to Men?
The clothes you choose to wear are as much a part of your image as whether you choose to sport facial hair, carry a messenger bag, how you carry yourself, and so on. So can clothes attract women to men? Absolutely. If your style catches her eye, she'll be more likely to want to get to know you better. However, the key is to choose a style that you feel comfortable in that makes you look put-together. Tips for making it work in the long run:
- Stay within your budget.
- Don't dress like someone else for the sake of dressing like them because they attract the kind of women you want, or for a certain woman; only dress in the clothes that make you feel like yourself. This concept excludes special occasions; who feels completely at home in a tuxedo?
- Remember that different women have different tastes in men, and that includes the type of clothes they wear. You could try dressing in a certain way to catch a woman's eye, but ask yourself how long you would feel comfortable keeping up that image and how different it is from your current image first.
- Look like you put some thought and effort into what you are wearing. Make sure your clothes are clean, relatively wrinkle-free, and that they match. If you're wearing dress clothes, take special care to make sure that your belt and shoes match and complement your shirt, tie, and pants choices. If you're wearing jewelry, make sure it's all in the same tone. Make sure the style of the outfit matches from top to bottom. If your look is cohesive and well-kept, you'll be more likely to attract a woman no matter what your general style is.
Colors and What They Mean
Just as in interview settings, the color of your clothes can make a lasting impression in a short amount of time. Want to say you're a go-getter? Wear red. How about calm, honest, and sincere? Try blue. If you're looking for a woman to discuss history and politics with, try gray, which will suggest that you're brainy and sophisticated. Color psychology is an easy and quick way to influence others. Here are a few more tips:
- Wear yellow to appear sociable and friendly. If you don't feel comfortable in bright yellow, that's fine; pale yellow will work just as well.
- Earth tones give the impression that you're a friendly, approachable person.
- Purple is the color of creativity and intelligence.
- Black, charcoal, and other dark colors will make you appear more serious than lighter, clearer colors. Similarly, navy blue can give a trustworthy vibe.
Don't Forget These Components
While there are a few "rules" you can follow to dress in a manner that will attract the types of women you prefer, there are other things that women perceive as part of who you are along with your clothing style:
- Body language
- Sense of humor
- Whether the look you chose seems to fit well or seem awkward when looking at you as a whole person
- The overall "vibe" she gets from you
While it is important to choose a clothing style that may catch the eye of the type of woman you're hoping to find, it's more important to dress in a way that makes you feel at home in your own skin. If your most comfortable style is hip-hop and you're wearing tailored clothes that suggest that you shop at J.Crew or Banana Republic, you'll feel out of place in your own wardrobe and that vibe will come through.
As trite as it sounds, the best way to attract your ideal woman is to be yourself; forcing a wardrobe shift for the sake of someone else does not pay off in the end. While clothes can attract a woman, they probably won't be able to keep her.
The Bottom Line
Yes, clothes can help attract women to men, but it's more important to choose the clothing styles you feel most comfortable and confident in. Making yourself feel great about what you're wearing will give you the confidence and energy that naturally attracts women to you. You can use color to give an extra boost of influence, but overall, simply choosing the clothing that makes you feel your most attractive will do the trick better than dressing any certain way to attract women.