J Roberts menswear has been an American tradition since the 1800s. Located in Wisconsin, in the middle of the heartland, this men's department store offers a wide selection of clothing and an intense focus on customer service.
For this family-owned business, customer service is more than a smiling and friendly staffer. The team members at J Roberts menswear store:
- Are up-to-date on fashion trends from formal to casual
- Know how to create an outfit for any man regardless of lifestyle or budget
- Are expert at dressing men of all shapes and sizes
- Are all expert tailors
J Roberts Menswear Selection
Because J Roberts focuses exclusively on menswear, the store is able to carry a very large inventory. The store offers popular brand names including North River, Greg Norman, Michael Kors and Pendelton.
Many people know the company only for its tuxedo rental business. J Roberts offers tuxedos from After Six, Lord West, Oscar de la Renta, Perry Ellis America, Claiborne, Fubu, Calvin Klein, Raffinati, Chaps, and Ralph Lauren. However, the retailer also carries clothes for the office as well as the backyard golf course or vacation destination.
The selection of sizes matches the selection of styles. J Roberts menswear caters to average size men as well as big and tall clients. In fact, the retailer has one of the most extensive collections available for larger than average men. Other clothing categories include:
- Accessories: such as American flag pins, goggles, cologne and sock garters
- Active Wear: for golf and leisure
- Headwear: including straw hats and newsboy caps
- Neck Ties: a small collection from Stacy Adams and Jerry Garcia
- Outerwear: including lightweight pullovers, cold weather parkas and vests
- Pants: casual, dressy and jeans
- Shirts: a huge selection of dressy and sporty shirts
- Shoes: from hirachi sandals to Florsheim capped dress shoes
- Sleepwear: robes, pajamas and slippers
- Sport coats: big and tall plus traditional styles
- Suits: featuring stain resistant and wrinkle free suits by S. Cohen
- Sweaters: contemporary pullovers and classic cardigans
- Underwear: briefs, boxers and tees.
In addition, J Roberts offers gift certificates, making it easier to shop for that hard-to-buy-for man.
Shopping Outside of Wisconsin
For men who don't live in or near Wisconsin, the company offers an extensive, easy-to-navigate website as well as a downloadable catalog. The website has a few unique features that enhance the online shopping experience. Users can post reviews of clothing items on the site so that prospective buyers can learn more about how items hold up in everyday wear. In addition, the site features monthly specials that typically run between thirty and fifty percent off retail prices.
The store's shipping policy is very generous. Orders ship within 48 hours and shipping is free for orders over $100. For orders less than $100, the company only charges $6 dollars shipping and handling.
While the J Roberts menswear company does offer a convenient way to shop outside of the store, buyers should beware of the company's return policy. Shoppers can return purchases within 30 days for an exchange or refund. However, the company deducts the original shipping charges from the return and does not pay the cost to ship the item back.
Many of the styles offered by the retailer are slightly behind the cutting-edge fashions worn in major metropolitan areas such as New York and San Francisco. However, due to its three convenient ways to shop (store, catalog and website) and its extensive collection of clothing, J Roberts menswear is truly a one-stop shop. From socks for wide feet and thick calves, to anti-fogging swimming goggles, to herringbone French cuff shirts, to military-style winter coats, J Roberts carries it all.