Belt buckles add your personal signature to your clothing and complete the look of any outfit. Buckles come in a wide range of styles - from dress to western to punk and everything in between. Express your individuality with your belt buckles, but be sure to match the style and tone of each to the formality of your outfits so you'll always look pulled together and polished.
Shopping for Men's Belt Buckles
Dress Belt Buckles
The rule of thumb when choosing dress belts and buckles is small and simple, because smaller buckles are more formal than large ones. Buckles for dress belts should be gold or silver and match the color families of any other jewelry you are wearing, while belt straps should match shoe colors or leathers. Styles like these give you a polished, professional look:
- The Dress Buckle: Establish your reputation as a man of style and taste when you wear this designer buckle from Tom Taylor. It's made of durable sterling silver to resist scratching and measures 1.50 inches. Expect to invest at least $300 for this James Harris limited edition design, which will give you years of serviceable wear with brown or black straps. Tom Taylor offers complimentary shipping to all customers and a generous 90 day return or exchange policy.
- The Longview 1: Add your signature touch to this sterling silver buckle from Max Lang by personalizing it with your initials in 10K gold letters. The slim, one-inch silhouette of this buckle gives it a neutral profile that looks best when worn with a belt matching your shoe color. It retails under $350 and is non-refundable, but can be exchanged. Ground shipping is a flat $14.50; pay an extra fee for expedited delivery.
Skull and Crossbones
Do you want an edgy look that screams style? Try a belt buckle adorned with a skull and crossbones. Whether you want to look punk or just embrace the latest trends, eye-catching buckles like these can change your overall look:
- Skull & Crossbones Alloy Belt Buckle for Men: If you are in the market for an attention-getting belt buckle, this oval buckle might fit the bill. It measures 3 x 2.25 x 0.5 inches and features an zinc alloy skull and crossbones with snakes. Expect to pay around $7. Pair it with a black strap to show it off to its best advantage. Customer ratings give the buckle 4.6/5 stars, and Amazon.com offers free shipping on this item.
Embrace your inner cowboy by wearing Western belt buckles, which are available in a wide range of designs featuring horses, horseshoes, pistols and even rodeo themes. Most Western style buckles like these are bold, meant-to-be noticed designs that play well with jeans and catch the attention of those around you:
- German Silver & Abalone Bronc Rider: Whether you are a city dude longing for the Wild West or a rough and tumble cowboy, you'll love how this handsome buckle from M.R. Boots looks with your jeans and boots. Made from durable silver, it features a gold-tone rodeo rider and a decorative mosaic design. At under $27, it's an affordable addition to any buckle wardrobe. This is a casual style buckle, so match the strap color to your boot color. Get free shipping with orders over $100. You can return unwanted, undamaged items within 30 days.
- Texas Pride Long Horn Skull Belt Buckle: You'll wear this Western buckle with pride because its vivid colors really pop and it adds a country accent to any outfit. The buckle, which can be ordered from Amazon, features a longhorn cow's skull centered on an Americana color motif and the word Texas. It measures 3.5 x 3 inches and retails for under $7. Black is the best strap color, to complement the black in the design. Most reviewers praise its high quality, bright colors, and unique design. Shipping is a flat $4.99 and the buckle is covered under the Amazon Product Return Policy.
Why wear a game jersey or hat sporting your favorite team's logo when you can go a step further and wear a belt buckle honoring your team? Sports-themed buckles come with almost any team logo imaginable on them: football teams, basketball teams, hockey teams, and more. Styles like these are sure to please:
- NFL Dallas Cowboys Oversized Buckle: Show your team spirit and pride with this extra-large officially licensed buckle from Siskiyou Gifts Co, Inc. on Amazon. It measures 5 x 4 x 1 inches, goes with a wide variety of belt colors, and features the Dallas Cowboys' signature logo. It retails for about $20 and ships free with orders over $35. Most customer reviewers agree on its quality and appropriateness as a gift for any Dallas Cowboys fan. This product is covered under the Amazon.com Product Return Policy and can be gift wrapped.
- New York Yankees Tailgater Belt Buckle: You'll attract attention and impress like-minded fans at tailgating events and parties by wearing this big, showy belt buckle from HotBuckles. It's made from nickel-free zinc and measures a generous 4 x 3 inches. Special features include a bottle opener, New York Yankees signature touch, and silver-tone and black background. While it pairs nicely with almost any color, a black strap will make the black background pop. Priced under $25, it's designed for a 1.5 inch belt, which is available at a discount when purchased with the buckle. Return unwanted items within 30 days from the date of shipment. Package weight and destination determines shipping rate.
Hobby or Collector-Related
A statement-making themed belt buckle is a fashionable way to share your passion for a hobby or collectible with others. If you make the right selection, your buckle might become a treasured piece of memorabilia or a tribute to your hobby. Some eclectic buckles to consider are:
- M&F Western Products Camo Deer Skull: Flaunt your distinctive hobby with this good-looking oval buckle from Cavender's. It's designed to fit straps up to 1.75 inches wide and measures 2 5/8 inches by 3 5/8 inches. Special features include a silver-tone decorative edging, whimsical raised deer skull, and inlaid camo background at a price point under $20. Pair it with a belt in traditional camouflage colors like olive, brown or khaki or kick it up a notch and wear it with a camo colored belt. You can shop online or at one of their retail locations. Cavender's offers a 30 day return policy and unwanted, unused items may be returned to a store or by postal mail. Orders over $50 ship free.
- Vintage Gold Coin Belt Buckle: Focus all eyes on you when you attend coin collecting meetings and events wearing this vintage coin buckle from Buckle City. It measures approximately three inches and, for less than $15, makes a bold addition to your buckle collection. This buckle is distinctive in its own right, so match it with a simple black or brown strap for the best effect. Buckle City offers free shipping on orders over $99 and standard shipping starts at $2.36. There is a 30-day window for returns.
Are you a proud fireman, policeman or carpenter? Show that pride with a belt buckle designed especially for your occupation. With all the available options in the marketplace, no matter what your job, there's bound to be a buckle for your belt that showcases your skill:
- The Police Officer Buckle: Sport this police officer commemorative buckle from Outlaw Buckles or give it as a gift to that special police officer in your life. This handsome 3.75 x 2.5 inch metal buckle features an intricately carved eagle holding a U.S. flag as well as a police officer's badge. The wording pays homage to police officers as American heroes. It costs around $10 from LeatherUp.com and can be used with almost any color strap. LeatherUp.com offers a 30-day hassle-free return policy. Orders under $89 ship for a flat rate of $7.95; orders over $89 ship free.
- Fire Department Maltese Belt Buckle: Pay tribute to that hard-working professional or volunteer firefighter in your life with this attractive belt buckle from Buckle City or purchase it for yourself to show your pride in your profession. Either way, this 3.5 inch decorative buckle is a good deal at less than $15. This model fits a 1.5 inch strap and goes well with most belt colors.
Custom Belt Buckles
If you can't find a belt buckle you like, you can have one custom-made to your preferences. From buckles displaying your initials or name to designs reflecting your interests or hobbies, the possibilities are endless. Browse the offerings from these vendors specializing in custom-made buckles for ideas:
- Northwest Brass Works: This company's solid brass belt buckles are made in the USA, backed with a lifetime guarantee on quality and artisanship, and are available as stock or custom items. Have your message or idea created on one of their basic borders or choose a custom border. Prices range from around $150 to more than $300, with cost varying based on design type. Price quotes are available by email, and buckles ship for a $5 flat rate. Custom orders require advance payment and are non-refundable.
- Montana® Silversmiths: Use Montana Silversmith's custom buckle builder to create a buckle in five easy steps. While this is a fun way to make your own buckle, it limits you to their stock designs and options. If you have a vision for a one-of-a-kind buckle, go the designer buckle route and have one made to your specifications. This involves a three-step process of developing artwork, submitting a quote, and placing an order, with prices starting at $500. Email for pricing and shipping quotations. Purchase online or visit the store nearest you. Products with receipts have a lifetime limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Buckles Finish the Look
Wearing the appropriate belt with every outfit labels you as a man of class and distinction, while wearing unbelted pants could earn you the label of a fashion faux pas. Think of your belt buckle as an accessory item like any other piece of jewelry and make your selections accordingly. When in doubt, opt for a safe choice like a simple metal buckle, but don't be afraid to break out of your comfort zone occasionally and try some trendy options as well.