If you are an active or athletic man, you may need a pair of extreme short shorts. Wear them layered under a jogging suit or other athletic wear, or wear them alone for practicality and comfort. Short shorts designed for active wear offer unrestricted movement and freedom.
Where to Buy Men's Extreme Short Shorts
Check local athletic wear retailers for the best active apparel selection. The following websites offer a wide selection of men's short shorts:
- ABC Underwear - This online men's boutique specializes in men's underwear and athletic wear. Expect to find extreme shorts in a wide array of colors and sizes. The cut and design of these shorts may be a little more risque because they specialize in underwear.
- Running Warehouse - This running-specific online store stocks apparel and shoes related to the running, including extreme shorts. They also have a nice selection of brand names.
- UnderGear - This online men's apparel store has clothing, underwear, swimwear and athletic wear. Their athletic wear happens to include extreme short shorts that are ideal for intense activity. They also have a stylish selection of extreme short running shorts and swimming shorts.
- Amazon - If you put your search skills to good use you'll be surprised to find an impressive selection of athletic shorts at this online marketplace. You can also get your hands on hard to find sizes, colors and discontinued items.
- Be Brief: This men's undergarment and swimwear store offers lightweight active wear shorts, fitted yoga short shorts, split side shorts, and short swim shorts.
Any type of clothing is bound to have more than a few brand names that specialize in the merchandise, and you can definitely add extreme short shorts to the list. Check out some of the more notable brands for this type of men's acrive wear.
- Adidas: Fnd shorts from this brand at practically any department store or athletic shoe store. However, the extreme shorts made be harder to find on site and possibly better to purchase online.
- Nike: Arguably the most popular athletic shoe/apparel company in the world, Nike can be purchased practically anywhere. The best thing is that their apparel sizes and styles are so diverse that you are bound to find short shorts to suit your needs.
- Fila: Basically the same rules that apply for finding Adidas apparel, apply to Fila as well -- although the styles are a little less trendy.
- Reebok: You'll have no problem finding men's short active wear shorts when it comes to this brand, as you can expect to see a large size availability, modern styles and versatility.
Tips for Wearing Them with Style
Short shorts don't have to be a fashion faux pas. Follow these tips to look sharp and stay comfortable, even when engaging in high levels of activity.
- The best advice for wearing very short shorts is to wear a loose silhouette on top. Opt for fitness mesh tanks or hilarious tee shirts to keep your look casual and spirited. Many yoga-clothing designers offer screen-printed tanks with unique symbols that will add an organic and hip vibe to your look.
- For certain activities, you may want matching sets of tanks and shorts that will coordinate well and work as an outfit. Make sure undergarments are hidden under inseams and opt for fitted, seamless briefs to avoid unwanted lines.
- Depending on the style, you may choose to size up when wearing short shorts to avoid a fitted silhouette.
- For added movement with fitted styles, search for shorts with a bit of spandex or stretch. Not only do they offer a custom fit, they'll hold up better wear after wear, making them a wiser investment in the long run.
- If purchasing an all-cotton pair of shorties, make sure you hang them to dry or use your low heat setting on the dryer to avoid excessive shrinking.
Why Shorts Matter
There are plenty of shorts available for outdoor and indoor activities. Moisture-wicking fitness fabrics along with vented active wear apparel help regulate body temperatures while keeping the body cool.
However, too much fabric can make certain movements near impossible. Bending or contorting the body to aid in restricted movement can obviously result in injury, pain, or both. Play it safe and wear the right apparel for the sport. Ditch the baggy trousers and prepare to suit up in short shorts for the following active sports:
- Yoga and stretching
- Field and Track
When Not to Wear
Although short shorts are perfectly fine for many sports, there are times short apparel may border on inappropriate, if not impractical, to wear. Use caution under the following circumstances or at the following venues:
- Social events
- Restaurants or country clubs
- Horseback riding
- Winter or extreme outdoor temperatures
- Hiking in insect-infested areas
Whatever sport you indulge in be sure to play safe, secure and take the right precautions to ensure you play your best game. Believe it or not, the right apparel has more to do with your athletic outcome than you may think.
Be Active in Comfort
When Mother Nature calls to sport enthusiasts, it's time to hit the open road with freedom and unbound spirit. Men's extreme short shorts are perfect for biking, hiking and trailblazing during intense summer heat and humid weather conditions. Rather than sport a pair of men's cutoff shorts, don a pair of the right active wear shorts for full range of movement while keeping cool.