You don't have to be a rock star to wear snakeskin pants. Men of all ages can enjoy this trend by knowing where to shop and how to wear them.
Styles of Snakeskin Pants
Finding a pair of snakeskin pants can be quite a challenge. They are not easily found in your local department store. Shopping online can be the easiest way to find a pair of snakeskin pants but know that even with this option, there are few pairs to choose from.
- Zubaz Pants were popular in the 1980s and 1990s and are slowly making a comeback. Often worn to the gym or by those who want to look a bit different, these pants come in bold patterns and colors and are meant to turn heads. Zubaz Snakeskin Pants are no exception. These pants come in a multi-color pattern and have an elastic waist with a drawstring. They are made from a blend of cotton and polyester and are soft and comfortable to wear.
- The Burton Men's Ronin Snow Pants, available at Altrec, are done in a unique grey snakeskin print. Ideal for the man who loves winter sports and wants to showcase his adventurous style, this tapered snow pant is waterporrf and fully lined.
More Shopping Options
Since true snakeskin and even snakeprint clothing for men can be difficult to find, an option to consider is custom-made pants. Fog City Leather, for example, is a shop that offers a variety of exotic leathers, including python snakeskin and allows for custom orders on clothing items.
Other options for snakeskin pants are to shop local thrift or vintage stores, clubwear stores, or shops that carry a selection of unusual apparel. You may also want to check out eBay where you may be able to find a one-of-a-kind pair of snakeskin pants at a low price.
Since snakeskin pants are likely to be the star of your outfit, wearing something simple with them is your best bet. For example, a pair of black fitted snakeskin pants looks great when paired with a tailored black button down shirt and edgy black boots. This look is suitable to wear out to clubs. Other looks to consider include:
- If you plan on wearing a casual pair of snakeskin pants such as those made from Zubaz, all you need to pair with those is a solid white tee and a pair of athletic shoes.
- If you want to create a rock star look, try wearing a fitted black tee with a skull and cross bone design with your pants. You will look edgy but still pulled together.
- Stay away from tops with bold patterns when wearing snakeskin pants. Anything too busy will clash with the pants and create a look that is far from desirable.
- Snakeskin can be found on other items in addition to pants. Snakeskin shoes and belts are perfect ways to introduce snakeskin subtly into your wardrobe. If you are not ready to wear a pair of snakeskin pants, consider an accessory done in snakeskin instead.
The most important thing to remember is to wear your snakeskin pants with confidence. This pattern is not for the shy and timid so be prepared to get noticed and turn some heads wherever you decide to wear your pants to.