When you're not sure what to wear during the daytime, a graphic tee always works. The way you wear your graphic t-shirt is totally up to you, and it is a piece that you should grab when you don't need to wear a collared polo or button down. There are many retailers that put the extra focus on the graphic t-shirt for today's men.
Ralph Lauren has always been in the business to make men look extra sexy, and they don't disappoint in the tee department. If you want to look on the polished side, Ralph Lauren is a great brand as well as a place to start shopping. Often their tees will be tighter, but this is all part of their allure. You have 60 days on full-priced merchandise and 30 days on sale items to return or exchange your shirts. Options to consider include:
- Slim Fit Grand Prix T-Shirt: This simple yet sexy tee is custom fitted, which means that it will have a snugger fit. Meant to be on the tighter side, this white cotton graphic tee is reasonable at about $50. Available in XS-XXL, you are sure to find your custom fit within this size range. This shirt is meant to mold to your body and it will show off your upper arms. If you want to impress the ladies, this chic graphic t-shirt is a must have.
- Custom Fit Heritage Polo Graphic Tee: Another body hugging t-shirt, this tee pays homage to Ralph Lauren's roots. A steal at about $40, this gray graphic tee is definitely worth purchasing. With navy and red text adorning its front, this shirt has an old-school feel to it. Modern yet vintage looking, this tee is a great find to wear with denim or more casual bottoms. Available in sizes XS-XXL.
Before you start associating this brand with your father, Tommy Bahama's focus is now on younger-looking, trendy styles, all while maintaining their loose-fitting, classic styles. Every order ships for $5 and returns are always free. Tommy Bahama has really stepped up its game, and they offer their cool designs in both short and long sleeve styles. Check out some of their modern pieces here:
- Hula Is It Me You're Looking For Tee (pictured below): This relaxed white tee is a breath of fresh air. Light and fun, this shirt has its graphic on the back. It has five-star reviews and comes in sizes S-XXL, priced at around $45. It is also tagless at the collar for extra comfort. This top will pair great with denim or cargo khaki joggers.
- Big Boats Graphic Tee: Cheeky, quite literally, this graphic shirt is a great one to add to your wardrobe. Available in both navy and white, this tee has a relaxed, roomy fit, and is available in sizes S-3XL. This is a very versatile t-shirt that can be worn with a variety of different bottoms. It retails for about $50.
American Eagle Outfitters
American Eagle carries a super selection of men's graphic tees, long-sleeve tees included. American Eagle offers free shipping on orders $50 and up, and they also offer a free rewards program, a credit card option, and a live online chat, all for your convenience. Some of their best long sleeve graphic tees are these:
- Long-Sleeve Band T-Shirt: This well-fitting long sleeve tee comes in six different colors, each featuring a different band. A cool feature of this tee is that the sleeves have images on them, too. Available in Beastie Boys, Wu-Tang Clan, Led Zeppelin, Misfits, and Megadeath prints, this long-sleeve shirt retails for about $30. It comes in sizes XS-XXXL in regular and tall.
- Long-Sleeve Baseball Tee: American Eagle offers numerous long-sleeve graphic tees with different baseball team logos on the front, and they often have contrasting sleeves for a true sports feel. This Pittsburgh Panthers baseball tee is available in two different color patterns, comes in sizes S-XXL, and is priced at around $40. This tee is relaxed and super cool. It also comes with a free return option.
Old Navy consistently carries an amazing selection of graphic tees, and their pop culture graphic tees are definitely wardrobe worthy. If you are a new customer, with e-mail sign up, you are able to get about 30 percent off of your first order. Old Navy almost always has some sort of sale running, where 15 percent off of your total is the norm. Here are some top picks:
- Michael Jackson's Thriller Tee: Who doesn't love Michael Jackson's music? This black graphic tee features Michael Jackson from his Thriller music video on its front. This t-shirt is tag free, so it is extra comfortable, and it is slightly fitted throughout. This graphic tee is only about $20 and available in sizes XS-XXL in men's regular, big, and tall.
- Ghostbusters Graphic Tee (shown below): Another classic, this black, white, and red graphic t-shirt is a blast from the past. With the Ghostbusters team and logo on the front, this tee is perfect paired with black skinny jeans. Add a black blazer on top to dress up this tee. Black tees always look both sophisticated and edgy when paired with black denim and a matching blazer. Top off this outfit with sneakers for an ultra cool vibe. Priced at about $17, this shirt comes in regular, big, and tall in sizes XS-XXL.
If you consider your style offbeat and unique, Urban Outfitters has just the type of t-shirts that you are looking for. With its vast selection of graphic tees, Urban Outfitters carries many different brand tees such as Le Fix, Bow3ry, Stussy, Pas de Mer, and Altru Apparel. Also, this store offers free shipping and returns on items $50 and over within the U.S., and they have a student discount program that you can sign up for. Some of their best tees include:
- Pas de Mer Heartbreakers Tee: If you consider yourself eccentric and all-embracing, this one-of-a-kind graphic tee is sure to bring out your unconventional and avant-garde side. This shirt is quirky, featuring a print both on the front and the back. Available in sizes S-XL for about $35, you can be sure to stand out wearing this cotton graphic tee. Pair with light blue colored denim.
- BOW3RY BC Tee: This is a fun graphic tee, featuring images in a rainbow of colors on both sides, against an all-black background. Done in heavyweight cotton, this shirt is priced at about $50 and comes in sizes S-XL. It gives off sci-fi techno-color vibes and looks great paired with black skinny jeans.
Tired of the always popular crew neck? Express has many v-neck options, which are great for when you want to change up your look. Express often runs sales and has such great prices and variety, that is it a good idea to stock up a few graphic tees at a time here. Express has a student discount program that is available to students both in store and online, and yields up to 15 percent off of your order. Some popular v-neck style tees are:
- Venice Beach V-Neck Tee: This light aqua blue graphic tee embodies everything about the ever cool, yet always laid-back, Venice Beach, California style. This tee, about $40, looks great with white jeans or any other type of white pants. Available in sizes XS-XL this 100 percent cotton tee will have you feeling fresh and cool all day long.
- Supersoft Logo V-Neck Tee: Made of supersoft fabric, this graphic logo tee (around $30) is a must. Featuring black and white logo lettering on its front, this heather blue v-neck goes great with white, light blue, and light gray denim. In XS-XXL and even in Tall sizes, this graphic tee is a great addition to any closet.
When to Wear Your Graphic Tee
With fashion, outfit choices are often subjective. However, it definitely helps to have a fashion expert steer you in the right direction, and you came to the right place to find out how to wear your tees.
Casual Daytime Looks
Graphic tees come in handy when you are not sure what to wear for a casual affair. Better than just throwing on some old, wrinkled, random shirt, the graphic tee is your answer. If you are hanging out with the boys, taking your son on an outdoor adventure, having a backyard barbeque, going to the movies, or just not sure what to wear during the day, a graphic tee works.
If you want to elevate your daytime look, you can wear a graphic tee with a blazer on top, and white denim or white colored pants. If you do not want to wear a blazer, you can instead take a sweater and throw it over your shoulders and tie it around your neck. This is an ultra stylish method.
You can also wear a graphic t-shirt out at night if you are going to a club or a trendy restaurant. In these cases, you will want to pair your tee with a form-fitting sports jacket and slim-fitting denim. Nice trendy sneakers are okay, but exercise sneakers are not okay to wear with this look. One extra piece of advice: always make sure your graphic t-shirt is free of wrinkles. Wrinkles are never in style!
Update Your Wardrobe With Graphic Tees
It's important to have certain staple pieces in your closet, and graphic tees are definitely considered a staple. You can dress a graphic tee up or down, depending on the occasion. Pair it with sleek slim-fitting denim or pair your tee with modern cargo joggers. There are so many ways to wear, and so many different retailers that sell great graphic tees for men, it's easy to update your look with some cool new styles each season.